Special Christmas holiday event date poll

All things related to racing at FRC

What day do you want to race for the 2013 finale?

Poll ended at Wed Dec 25, 2013 2:58 pm

Monday 30th December 2013
67%
Thursday 2nd January 2014
33%
Either of the above
No votes

Total votes: 6

Luke

Re: Special Christmas holiday event date poll

Post by Luke »

Okay Steve & thats cool also 8-)
Luke

Post by Luke »

To all fellow racers @ FRC - Check these statistics I just worked out...

A great host GG has been to us all for hosting all these (1/32 slotcar racing) events & looking like we will be racing FRC's 2013 last event in 2013 8-)

FRC's last event for the years gone by - I noticed with the four years of exististance, its been done before the end of the year...

Race Reports - Dates

# 33 - 28:12:2009
# 61 - 27:12:2010
# 91 - 15:12:2011
#113 - 27:12:2012

Now Race Report No.152 on (maybe) the 30:12:2013 :D

Amount of events held in a year...

2009/2010 - 28 events :)
2010/2011 - 30 events :D
2011/2012 - 22 events :o
2012/2013 - 39 events :shock:

Gordon, thank you and looking forward to your 2013/2014 FRC Events.

Luke
gordon
Site Admin

Post by gordon »

OK Guys. I've closed the poll since we all need to prepare/plan for this final 2013 event. Peter called me a couple days ago to say that he is here in T&T but is leaving on 2nd January, so, besides the fact that the majority voted for next Monday, I want to include him and this is the only day of the two that he can make it. So the event will be held on Monday 30th December (next Monday).

We'd like to get a relatively early start so the track will be open from 5:00 PM. Also, since this is a rather special event it would be nice to have some stuff to eat, so your ideas/suggestions are needed. Please use the forum to sort this out so that we have a plan.

Gordon
TriniSenna

Post by TriniSenna »

Gordon
Any idea roughly how many people will be coming ?
I was going to pick up some chicken / pork / wontons.
Let me know
Cheers
Ian
Luke

Post by Luke »

GM Gordon - I know I could have phoned you but putting the forum to good use here... FREE!!! heheheh

Im sure you got plenty gifts to open & that you had a great day yesterday too? Me personally got 3 gifts (not including the one I got myself </:-) and most of all remembered to be thankful for the great & special "present" day it was most of all :D... We (family) play a little game who gets the most presents from under the chirstmas tree to open and Bethany won again this year. Now, dont go & think that I got myself a extra gift to win here because (read somewhere) its nice when you give yourself a treat/reward every now and again ;) and of course its only after all the hard work you put out in life...

Getting back to the Racing - Good and not so Good News.

The Good ~ I will be showing up at this event (knowing how I missed out on the last two) and its as though Peter forced the issue (a good thing too) having FRC's 2013 last event in 2013 because hindsight would have it, having this event (first thursday) in 2014 wouldnt have been the same for a 2013 special event ent :)

:idea: How about having a FRC's first event for the new year on (Thursday 2nd.) to allow for the South Boyz coming up North on this day :?:

I promise I will make it my duty to come by early and help set up FRC 8-)

Also, as you may remember I did a big Mango (pepper & no pepper) Chow last year and will be doing a "Surprise Chow" like that again this year.

and not so Good News ~ Sorry to inform you now, Bethany will not be taking part in the "Kids Race Event" because she and her Mama went Miami this morning for 2 weeks and I told her (Betters) that I will be winning races for her too :D

See how long this phone call would have been... :lol:

Luke
gordon
Site Admin

Post by gordon »

Luke, glad you had a good day with the family yesterday, as I'm sure most other FRC folk did.

I was not aware that the south boys could not make it on Monday. From Ramesh's comment I gathered that they just preferred Thursday. Do you know for sure that they cannot do Monday? Ramesh/Arden can you? It may be hard to do two events next week. I'll have to see how things go with the family plans.

Ian, it's always hard to tell how many will actually attend. We generally only know when the event starts. Maybe we can try to get some feedback by contacting people by phone or asking them if/when we make contact. For example, Boo's wife was in our shop earlier this week and she said hat he will probably be coming on Monday. Of course everyone is welcome to bring along others.

Unless plans change and we end up doing a "cook-up", everyone can bring a few things to "put on the table", so to speak.
steveaca

Post by steveaca »

Hi all,
I'm very much looking forward to the event on the 30th. Concerning the eats, I think that instead of the 'cook-up' type thing, everyone could just bring some 'cutters' to share. Ian's suggestion of wontons is great, as is Luke's own with the chow. I'm thinking along the lines of maybe some grilled sausages. Another suggestion for those not eating meat would be something like vegetable sticks (eg. carrots or celery) with some sort of dip.
Steve
boo

Post by boo »

I would like to race on Monday
gordon
Site Admin

Post by gordon »

Boo, it will be great to have you here. See you on Monday!
RameshB

Post by RameshB »

Seasons greetings to all and may the peace of Christ our lord live in the hearts of us all,, to show his love and kindness to those around us,may his blessings and favor be with you and your family at this time. Sorry for the late reply, but my dad`s brother passed away this wk and i was quite buisy looking after his funeral service, since all his children lives in London and could not get flights out at this time, he was 81 yrs old .YES we will be there To make this event special, four from south will be coming up , and we would walk with a larger cooler and some tasty treats so we will see you all mon at 5 pm. bye Ramesh.