BTCC race nights

All things related to racing at FRC
gordon
Site Admin

BTCC race nights

Post by gordon »

Regarding the BTCC class, I expect that we will sometimes (often?) have more than six entries on race night. I want everyone to race and we actually have a system in the FRC General Regulations for this. Here's a simple, modified version I'd like to use for BTCC:

If we have:

2 to 6 drivers we'll have a minimum of 1 race and a maximum of 2 if we do a reverse grid race.

7-12 drivers we'll have a minimum of 2 races, maximum of 4 if we do a second reverse grid for each:
7 drivers: 4-3
8 drivers: 4-4
9 drivers: 5-4
10 drivers: 5-5
11 drivers: 6-5
12 drivers: 6-6

13-18 drivers we'll have a minimum of 3 races, maximum of 6 if we do a second reverse grid for each:
13 drivers: 6-4-3
14 drivers: 6-4-4
15 drivers: 6-5-4
16 drivers: 6-5-5
17 drivers: 6-6-5
18 drivers: 6-6-6

Now I'd love each group to have two races on race night. The grid for the first race will be based on qualifying. The grid for the second race will be based on the reverse order of the first race results. This will add a uniqueness to the class, similar to what's done in the real BTCC.

Update 15/8/19: This has been superceded by this link below: viewtopic.php?p=7338#p7338
Luke

Re: BTCC race nights

Post by Luke »

Sounds somewhat lengthy Gordon ...

Why not if there are 6 or fewer drivers competing, there will be a total of six races. If there are more than 6 drivers competing, there will be races equal to the number of drivers competing.

Just like the Hit it Big MGT IROC events ;-)

Luke
gordon
Site Admin

Post by gordon »

Luke, I've clarified what I meant in the post above.
Luke

Post by Luke »

gordon wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:59 pm Luke, I've clarified what I meant in the post above.
I did pay attention to post above Gordon plus how you didn’t end off with a normal line ...

”So, let's hear your thoughts below” :-D
steveaca

Post by steveaca »

Agreed Gordon. I very much like the idea of the reverse grid for the second race.
gordon
Site Admin

Post by gordon »

Luke wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:56 am ... plus how you didn’t end off with a normal line ...

”So, let's hear your thoughts below” :-D
That's because I want to do it that way! ;)
Luke

Post by Luke »

Me again Gordon and hope you don’t mind :-)

I am trying (my best) to connect the dots here & with the BTCC Race Night Schedule.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1491

Take for example:

A game plan of ... 13-18 drivers we'll have a minimum of 3 races, maximum of 6 if we do a second reverse grid for each:

Is it after qualifying (let’s say) 18 persons ... means racing Groups of A, B & C of drivers ..?

You need not go into details now (knowing how busy you are) but would like to suggest a BTCC rehearsal / procedure event before the real one ...

It could also be considered as a Special Event :D

Luke
gordon
Site Admin

Post by gordon »

Luke, don't worry. I've been thinking about it for a while and also discussing with O'Brie to come up with something practical. Also, there won't be 18 drivers the first time we race the cars. Probably not for the first several events (if ever). We start next week and we'll see how it goes. I've also set up the Group B schedule to allocate a lot of time to BTCC. Here's a possible option for various scenarios:

Of course, time allowing, the ideal thing would be for each race/group to have its own reverse grid race.
Luke

Post by Luke »

Neatly done Gordon with the BTCC Race Structure above ...

It looks well formulated and as you mentioned - we'll see how it goes :-)

Hopefully I won’t end up in the column with ‘Christmas Tree’ looking figures :D