The Scalextric Digital Platinum Racing Set

FRC's latest news and information of interest to members
Luke

The Scalextric Digital Platinum Racing Set

Post by Luke »

Hello all,
  • The Scalextric Digital Platinum Racing Set
This ever so popular Scalextric C1330 Digital Platinum Racing Set which includes the amazing C7042 (6-car) PowerBase was all displayed at the Toy Hill store - Long Circular Mall - for number of years (thinking late 2012) isn't there anymore ...

I was in LCM recently and noted it was missing from the showcase ... Anyway - I'm sure the person/s who bought this one of a kind set, probably knew it's the best slot-car racing track ever made .. :!:

Just thought I could give a heads up - noticing on Friday 8th. September 2017 ...

Have a nice day,

Luke
steveaca

Re: The Scalextric Digital Platinum Racing Set

Post by steveaca »

Maybe if we could find out who bought it, we could invite them to FRC to experience digital racing on an even more grand track than their own.
Luke

Post by Luke »

Sounding like a possibility Steve but I believe guidance could be first (on the list) setting up this already huge 28' TRL layout from the already learned SSD FRC CREW 8-)

Also because of the (known) price tag of 5K plus dollars ... $5995.00 to be exact ... this individual, family and friends will experience digital racing on a grand sale of their own.
Luke

Post by Luke »

First things first if I was the owner ~ looking (online) at the SSD Platinum Racing Set ...

This set is fairly huge because (researched) the space needed 12' x 5' setting up layout dimensions comfortably ... Means a FRC's track table of 12' x 8' in size - will be the ideal sort of space for this single box set.

It's really a grand layout in size alone.

Luke
Luke

Post by Luke »

Me again,

Found out there is not one (1) but 2 Scalextric Digital Platinum Racing Sets ~ item numbers C1276 & C1330

I discovered the C1276 item number by chance while viewing online the C1330 version ... and had to check what was the difference between these two Digital Platinum sets ... Other than obviously knowing the C1330 number is the newest of the two plus read it's a 2014 set. I couldn't find out for sure what year is the C1276 and guessing with the passing of time - could be a 2012 year.

Anyway - while viewing these 2 sets, the only difference I noticed was on their respective box cover images - the Scalextric/Digital signage ...
  • The C1276 Scalextric wording was the traditional looking Yellow letters with Blue background colors.
  • The C1330 Scalextric wording was the newest looking Super White letters with Light Blue background colors.
Mind you I did read up that the contents are not the same ... That the 6 cars are slightly different. The older set C1276 has a pair of Lamborghini Gallardos along with the Porsches and Audis. The newer version comes with McLarens instead of the Lambo Gallardos.
  • Even though the 2 McLaren cars wasn't seen on the C1330 box cover image.
What is known for sure ~ the track layout is the same design but think things like lane changers, power supply and power base might be a bit different.

Just thought it would be good to know,

Luke