HotSlots 132

FRC's latest news and information of interest to members
Luke

HotSlots 132

Post by Luke »

Gordon or anyone else .. :!:

Do you'll know one of our famous 132 slot-car hobby shops - HotSlots - Small Cars, Big Fun!

Is going out of business .. :?:

I received a Farewell Newsletter from them - Friday 6th. January '17 ... :(
gordon
Site Admin

Re: HotSlots 132

Post by gordon »

Just saw my farewell email this morning. End of an era. I've bought so much stuff from them over the years. All of FRC's track was purchased there.

Sad.
obrie

Post by obrie »

Sad indeed! But as he says he is retiring to Florida so maybe it was not "Going out of Buisness" if you know what I mean.
Quit while the going is good.
Luke

Post by Luke »

After reading HS132 Farewell Newsletter - to me it was shocking and sad news but it's just part of life ..!
O'Brie wrote:Quit while the going is good.
It seems to be the latest trend ~ remember F1 2016WC - N. Rosberg ... and I'm quite sure he's one of the richest F1 drivers.

Luke
steveaca

Post by steveaca »

The only Scalextric set I ever bought (which was for Jonathan a few years ago) was from Hot Slots. Their service was exemplary and Jake was a fantastic source of information and assistance when needed.
I'll miss them.
Luke

Post by Luke »

steveaca wrote:The only Scalextric set I ever bought (which was for Jonathan a few years ago) was from Hot Slots.
Steve that was something I always wanted to do ...

Purchase a Scalextric Racing Set online ... but as enticing as it was, somehow never bought a complete set ..!

On the other hand though, with local toy stores across the land. It was at full throttle, starting off on Wrightson Road (1998) with a set for my Son Ethan on Christmas Day ..!

Here's the 9 Scalextric (1 Digital + 8 Analog) sets I purchased as far as I could remember through the years:
  • 1 Rally Racing Analog Set - 1998 @ Elsa's Toy Store
    1 Endurance Racing Analog Set - 2001 @ Kids Korner
    2 NASCAR Racing Analog Sets - 2002 @ Kids Korner (R2 and R3 curves respectively)
    1 F1 Racing Analog Set - 2003 @ Toy-mart
    1 F1 Racing Analog Set - 2004 @ Bhola's Auto Works (from the man himself - R. Bhola)
    1 F1 Racing Analog Set - 2005 @ Mohammad's Book Store
    1 Porsche Boxster Digital Ignition C1186 Set - 2006 @ Island Hobbies
    1 Ferrari F430 GT Racing Analog Set - 2009 @ The Home Store
In 2010 ~ I almost did again @ Roopnarine Hardware in Marabella (Scalextric C1218 Top Gear PowerLaps) and made a phone call then & there to a good buddy (David aka boo) for discussion ;)

We came up with a decision not to purchase because the (Scalextric RMS Classic 4-Lane) track we were already racing on - was large enough 8-)

Strange enough though - little did we know 5 years later, we were going to be racing on a even larger https://www.frcforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=939 track further down the road - TSCC :D

I can't help wondering now - how much more thrilling can this entertaining and relaxing pastime get, keeping it in the slot 8-)

Luke
Last edited by Luke on Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:37 pm, edited 11 times in total.
steveaca

Post by steveaca »

Luke, you never purchased a set online but you sure made up for it by purchasing locally !
Up to the present time, that set from Hot Slots is the only set I have ever purchased. The first set that I (actually that Keith and I) owned was a Christmas gift when we were very young. That set was a fairly large figure 8 and came with two Powersledge-motored single seater cars. These were an Aurora Vee and another which I cannot remember. Over time we purchased lots of track, eventually being able to fully replicate the four lane, extended figure 8 Model Car Association competition track. At one time, MCATT even had to borrow track borders from us to use at their competitions as we had and they didn't !
gordon
Site Admin

Post by gordon »

Reply from Barbara to my email re: HotSlots 1/32 closing:
Thanks Gordon,
You Trinidad guys are simply the best!
Barbara
Luke

Post by Luke »

... and to my email re: HotSlots 1/32 closing:
Super Sharp Luke!
Barbara
Luke

Post by Luke »

There's a saying ~ In every bad there is good and with HS132 closing their store ...

Its good to know / read about that Professor Motor is taking up most of their stock 8-)