Six Lamborghini Gallardos

Ole talk and things that don't fit anywhere else
Luke

Six Lamborghini Gallardos

Post by Luke »

GG ~ I decided to post a reply (instead of another text) of my two named suggestions for your 6 Gallardo "Happy Birthday" Slot Cars :D

Lamborghini Racing or Lamborghini Championship (LR or LC Class) and they both sound cool, if its okay I say so myself. I have no real purpose for these names but just find they sound good.

Your suggestion (via a text) Lamborghini Series (LS Class) also sounds cool and have a feeling you have a good reason for this name.

Anyway, here is the info (on the forum) for all the other FRC guys to help with the choice.

Luke

ps: I'm hitting (thanks for the advice) that Preview Button every few minutes ;)
Last edited by Luke on Thu May 25, 2023 7:00 pm, edited 4 times in total.
gordon
Site Admin

Re: Six Lamborghini Gallardos

Post by gordon »

Great suggestions Luke. I had just added the class to our regs topic as "Lambo Series" but that's open for change. I have another class proposal coming up so keep checking the forum.

Glad you're using the "Preview" option... I always do (as I will with this).

Gordon
steveaca

Post by steveaca »

Gordon,
I was comparing the best Porsche Cup qualifying time set last Thursday (7.881 secs.) with those previously set by Jonathan's Audi R8 (7.267 secs.) and my Ferrari F430 (7.821 secs.). These are both standard Scalextric cars , with the exception of silicone tyres, and the super low-profile 'tyres' on the Ferrari. The Porsches are fitted with higher performance motors but standard tyres but the times are a bit slower than stock 18,000 rpm motor cars. What this suggests to me is that the tyres make a bigger difference on this track than the more powerful motor. I think it would be interesting to do a comparison with the Lamborghinis (before you chip and modify all of them) by timing them in four different stages:
1)Fully stock, including tyres.
2)As above but with silicone tyres.
3)High performance motor but stock tyres.
4)High performance motor and silicone tyres.
What do you think ?
Steve
steveaca

Post by steveaca »

Gordon,
re. trying out Lamborghini with stock motor, you can borrow a Scalextric DPR chip from me if needed.
Steve