Birthday Wishes ... going out to

Ole talk and things that don't fit anywhere else
Luke

Birthday Wishes ... going out to

Post by Luke »

Hey Ramesh - I remembered today is your Birthday !!!

Must say, the time I have gotten to know you ... racing at FRC & TSCC.

You're looking like you pushing an easy 32 and have 22 years experience (of really really) setting-up and racing slotcars real good :D

Take for example - Race Report #178 - Mod Prod class/5 Races

I had 3 last place positions (in a row) with my Seat Leon and then all of a sudden, 2 third place positions with your (sponsored) Porsche Boxster - sure this paints a good picture of what I'm writing about ...

Back to this special day of yours - may it be filled with great times in the company of family & friends.

Happy Birthday Ramesh :!:

Luke T.
gordon
Site Admin

Re: Birthday Wishes ... going out to

Post by gordon »

Happy Birthday Ram! Hope you have a great one.
steveaca

Post by steveaca »

Hi Ramesh, hope you have a fantastic birthday !
Steve
RameshB

Post by RameshB »

Hi guys ,thanks for your greetings , i really do enjoy your company on race nights and it makes me feel like like a kid again, so i am very grateful to have a opportunity to race as we do , i do have a very busy weekly schedule but i know the value of a balance life style and slot car racing has been an integral part of my life, today i am 54 years old , and i have been racing since 1970, do the math , and have been taking part in competitions since 1970, and represented tnt at many international events. I am just mentioning this to show the passion i have for the hobby ,not to boast of my achievements ,when i race with you guys at frc we all can become better . FRC has given me the opportunity to become a better car builder and racer than i was before, for this i must say thanks. I received some parts yesterday for my birthday i am so excited to open those boxes to check out some neat slot car stuff, its always like that new toy for me . my desire is to help more people to enjoy the slot car hobby, bye for now keep on sloting Ramesh
Luke

Post by Luke »

WOW Ramesh :!:

1970 you say and I will say, thats very consistent of you ... to be as good as you are with this hobby.

So with this info, it makes you even younger - 9 with 45 years experience :)

Also, I agree with all you wrote and what I have learnt/noticed about you is you don't boast about your achievements and skills but its rather to share and teach.

BTW - the same way you enjoy racing us @ FRC (don't matter that you have more wins) I can safely say we enjoy racing you too.

Luke T.
arden100

Post by arden100 »

Happy Birthday Ram!
Well firstly I was not around in 1970 so it is a bit difficult to understand what you all are talking about. I guess I am the youngest of the lot with the least amount of experience. LOL.
Back to business. I do hope you have a great one and lots of wealth and health. I really mean health so you can share more of you knowledge and help us to be better slot car builders.!

All the best.

Arden
Luke

Post by Luke »

Hi Arden - aka Doc,

- For what is known @ FRC & TSCC -

This racing grid of years is showing pole setter & 3 others seen (in colour) along the way ...

Years of Life ~ 1953/62 .... 1960/55 - 1961/54 - 1962/53 - 1963/52 - 1964/51 - 1965/50 - 1966/49 - 1967/48 - 1968/47 - 1969/46 - 1970/45 years ago :D

So maybe guessing you're the youngest, you were around in 1970 ~ so that's close enough hehe & those years after is Ramesh's experience of 132 slotcars.

Sure you know about this calypso too and ...

... Ah couldn't help myself with this vid boy - check it out ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYkqMT6HKD0 ... and its still apt for 2015 Carnival Season :)

Luke - aka Rev