Trucks Racing @ FRC ..?

Ole talk and things that don't fit anywhere else
Luke

Trucks Racing @ FRC ..?

Post by Luke »

Trucks Racing @ FRC ..?

Who knows ..? It may/could happen one day :D

Racing 1/32 Scale Trucks and noticing how I wrote it and not as Slot Trucks like how 1/32 scale cars are called Slot Cars.

Anyway, this topic has been brought up a few times in conversation at FRC/Forum but that's about all it has reached ... I came across this very interesting website and had to share with all you slot car racing guys.

The story writing was nicely done and with the pics of the 132 trucks, what struck me (note cool rhyme hehe) the most was how user friendly the chassis looks ... and the amount of (extra) details in the list of statistics below the page. Example: Front & Rear axle load + weight distribution.

After all, it will only take one digital built truck to start a next style of Slot "Trucks" Racing ent ;-)

http://www.slotcarouthouse.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=232

So, check out this link and see what you'll think?

Luke

ps: Just love how the Camouflage Net is rolled up at the back of cab.
Luke

Re: Trucks Racing @ FRC ..?

Post by Luke »

BTW Guys - Sure you'll noticed there's some real great reviews and slotcar builds on the left side of web page ...

The Evo Rally car was the first one I looked at ;) :idea: ;) :idea: :D
steveaca

Post by steveaca »

Hi Luke,
I'd love to try this out. The issue however, is that racing of these might need to be a 'one-off' event as there are already so many classes at FRC. By the way, I would also like to try out a NASCAR car.
Steve
Luke

Post by Luke »

Slow down Steve, one thing at a time buddy :)

I was only sharing this link for what its worth (a 132 scale Truck) and maybe singling out what a truck chassis looks like ... also for how easy it would be to build/get it ready SSD 8-)

So in this case, would you be the first one to do this with a 132 Truck @ FRC :?:

Luke