Scalextric & Slot It "MODIFIED" Digital Chips.

Ole talk and things that don't fit anywhere else
Luke

Scalextric & Slot It "MODIFIED" Digital Chips.

Post by Luke »

Hello Gordon,

You talked about this topic/subject with great interest a few FRC race nights ago...

That You/Ray linked with somebody on Slot Forum doing this type of work with digital chips.

:?: I kind of remembered most of what you discussed but do they come in the DPR type too?

:arrow: If so, could you advise me how I can get ;) for a next :mrgreen: Big FRC project, I'm working on!

Luke
Last edited by Luke on Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
ixwa

Re: Scalextric & Slot It "MODIFIED" Digital Chips.

Post by ixwa »

Hi Luke! (and fellas!),
I just got a batch of the modified chips from Greg Myers, and spent last night dropping some DPRs in. Trust me, you WANT these chips! They can handle the higher rpm motors with no problem, and make even a stock motor perform better.

Here is a quote from Greg about them:
"I put a modded dpr chip in a 2 year old nascar with stock motor, and a non modded slotit chip in a slotit car with a 20,500 motor. I then programmed them both on the same controller and the scaly car pushed the slotit car around the track."

My brief experience with them confirms his claims. I'll be soldering in some retro saloons and Slot.its this weekend. He can mod any type of chip: retro or DPR, Scaley or Slot.It. His mods make the Slot-It even more robust. He charges $12USD/chip plus shipping cost for the batch. I'll be glad to trans-ship if you want to send any to him through me.

By the way, I did pick up that digital F1 set. Those 2 McLarens are pretty but they do need quite a bit of tuning before the!y can even start to touch my Scuderia Teelucksingh Ferrari! ;) I also got you a little thank you gift- a Slot.It magnetic suspension setup! I'll include it in a package that I'll be sending to Gordon sometime soon.

Ray
rrc
ixwa

Post by ixwa »

I forgot to mention that the chips you send to Greg can be new, used, or blown. They just need to have all the wires and LED attached. He also has a deal where if you donate 4 blown chips, he'll repair one and send it back for free.
rrc
Luke

Post by Luke »

Hello Ray,

It was a pleasant surprise to see/read your reply this morning.

Firstly, let me thank you very much in advance for my (Slot It) surprise and your reply/update on Digital Modified Chips.

My personally new frc project is 55% still in the making and should make its debut "if all goes well" by mid November 2011.

Do you realize with this info posted what you & I have cause/started for the Boss of FRC.

I wonder what GG must be thinking after reading your debut (back to back) forum post/replies.

Enjoy your "Mod Digi" weekend and dont forget the Singapore F1 too...

Luke

ps. Also great news about NASA Satellite in the Pacific...
steveaca

Post by steveaca »

Will we soon see classes for standard and modified chips ?
obrie

Post by obrie »

Good Question Steve!
I for one will be viewing this development on the future demise of my pocket with interest.

O'Brie
gordon
Site Admin

Post by gordon »

Guys,

Until further notice, modified chips may only be raced in American Muscle, GT, LMP and Luke's new upcoming Ferrari F430 class where all the cars will be set up in identical fashion.

Gordon
Luke

Post by Luke »

Gordon or Ray,

This post is for the 6 Ferrari F430 Cars...

:?: I need to find out what's the real deal with blown Chips and the get 1 Free offer...

Is it 3 or 4 you need to get 1.

Also can it be any type collected - Scalextric: F1, Saloon and DPRs.

What about the SlotIt Chips and any other brand like Ninco? Which Alex has 3 of.

Luke
ixwa

Post by ixwa »

Hi Luke!

Greg's deal is send 4 blown chips, get one back repaired. Also, he does any type of Scaley or Slot.It, but is not familiar with the Ninco chips you mentioned. Are these SSD chips made by Ninco?
Best,
Ray
rrc
gordon
Site Admin

Post by gordon »

Guys,

Well here are some not-so-clear pics of the modified chips next to stock equivalents. I'll try to get some clearer, more detailed pics done, but in the mean time, see if you can identify the modified chips in each pic:

F1 - top view

F1 - bottom view

Saloon

Slot.It

DPR Saloon

Spot the differences? Chime in below and let me know what you think.

Gordon