Really nice routed SSD track

Ole talk and things that don't fit anywhere else
gordon
Site Admin

Really nice routed SSD track

Post by gordon »

Guys,

Check out this really nice routed Scalextric Sport Digital (SSD) track. Instead of using the original Scalextric plastic track with lane changers, he added the lane change electrical and mechanical components to the routed MDF that the track is made from, so its entirely SSD and entirely seamless.

I love the serious elevation changes. Must be great to drive on with the uphill and downhill corners. I suspect that the cars may be magnet-less. I'll have to check with him.

Here's a comment that he made on the Facebook post where I saw the track video:
Yeah they are Scalextric lane change components. I did insert plastic track for the digital sections for my first track as i was in too much of a hurry to build it only to regret doing it that way 6 months later, which then led me to making wooden lane changers and inserting it into that track. Was much better doing this track without any inserted parts making it a much smoother finish and looks more professional. I have also stayed clear of the ARC powerbase and use the 7042 advanced powerbase on my track which i have done the high power upgrade to so i can have adjustable track voltage and can run higher amps.
What raised my interest was his mention of using the 7042 advanced powerbase with high power upgrade. I didn't know this upgrade was available so I asked him about it and here's his reply:
Hi Gordon. Cheers for the compliments. I too had the C7030 with Pb pro and Simple H mod and my first wood track used it in its early days. Once the C7042 was released the PB-Pro guys posted on Slotforum on how to do the High Power mod. The instructions was easy to follow and i have now done several high power upgrades for friends. I wont go near the new Arc Pro. I still highly recommend the C7042 to anyone.
I'm definitely going to look into this since the buttons on our old powerbases are really beginning to give some trouble now.
obrie

Re: Really nice routed SSD track

Post by obrie »

Let us know what you find G. Sounds interesting!
gordon
Site Admin

Re: Really nice routed SSD track

Post by gordon »

O'Brie wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:00 pm Let us know what you find G. Sounds interesting!
Here's the topic on SlotForum:

https://www.slotforum.com/forums/index. ... er%20+base