O'Brie's Track

Ole talk and things that don't fit anywhere else
gordon
Site Admin

O'Brie's Track

Post by gordon »

Way back in April 2008 (that's already nine years ago as of this year), O'Brie called me up to his home to check out the digital track he had built in his guest bedroom. It was a total blow-mind for me and lay the foundation of our now very familiar FRC. Laid out on the identical size table (8' x 12'), it introduced me to the world of digital racing and I very soon after purchased my first slot car in about 40 years! Here are some pictures I took at the time:

As you can see, even then he already had a fair selection of digital cars and we spent some time together with his two sons and our friend Gregory "Rudder" Solis (RIP) enjoying the experience of racing multiple cars on two lanes. Some of this track should see action again in the form of Peter's planned raceway later this year.
steveaca

Re: O'Brie's Track

Post by steveaca »

Sweet track ! Lovely detailing with all the green infield areas and the brickwork bridge supports. I can see the 'manhole' covers for the marshals to pop through ! Quite easy to see how Gordon was smitten when he saw this layout !
Luke

Post by Luke »

Lots of GR8 things to write about concerning this unique layout ... but on the left side of second pic there's a Stag bottle/drink near the track ..!

One of FRC's main rules ~ No Drinks Allowed by the Circuit ...

The Tyrannosaurus dinosaur aka T-Rex near the monitor reminded me - way back when, when Alex told Nicolas E. how he looked marshaling/retrieving any of his cars at FRC :lol:
Luke

Post by Luke »

Luke wrote:Lots of GR8 things to write about concerning this unique layout ...
Gordon,

Have you ever done a printed track design of this interesting circuit :?:

Luke
RameshB

Post by RameshB »

O brie , you have it badd boy.
obrie

Post by obrie »

What you have to look at is the clearance around the track. ZERO!! A 24" space for the drivers and yes pop up holes for the marshals Good fun! The boys would take turns annoying everyone with T Rex from time to time
obrie

Post by obrie »

Luke. I am sure that I generated a drawing of the track before purchasing the pieces. Must check on my computer. Ps the beer was a marchals ..... yeh right!
obrie

Post by obrie »

Ramish yu right boy! Mom always said is the friends i have :D