The 5 IROC Classes ...

Ole talk and things that don't fit anywhere else
Luke

The 5 IROC Classes ...

Post by Luke »

To Gordon, Steve & O'brie,

Concerning the 5 sets of IROC cars ...

FRC 5 Classes / Motor RPM / BLT Mag vs Non-Mag:
  • PC / Slot.it 21.5K rpm / BLT - M 6.6 sec.
  • LS / ScaleAuto 25K rpm / BLT - M 5.9 sec.
  • FTC / Scalextric 20K rpm / BLT - M 6.6 sec.
  • MC / Scalextric 18K rpm / BLT - M 7.8 sec.
  • NSS / H&R 26K rpm / BLT - M - 6.2 sec.

PC / Slot.it 21.5K rpm / BLT - NM ... No Time
    LS / ScaleAuto 25K rpm / BLT - NM ... No Time
  • FC / Scalextric 20K rpm / BLT - NM 10.5 sec.
    MC / Scalextric 18K rpm / BLT - NM ... No Time
    NSS / H&R 26K rpm / BLT - NM ... No Time
With info like ...

I believe all these classes should be raced as Non-Mag and not to leave some of the classes as Mag Racing for some new persons.

Think it's defeating the purpose (new drivers) learning to race slot-cars as Non-Magnectic, which is the well defined direction you'll proposed since 2020 8-)

Post No.2213
Last edited by Luke on Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
steveaca

Re: The 5 IROC Classes ...

Post by steveaca »

Although we made a decision to go magnet-less some time ago, I do think that at least one set of cars should retain the magnets for the sake of newcomers and possibly children. We, as experienced racers (or certainly me personally) have no interest in racing cars with magnets again but someone driving a slotcar for the first time may find a magless car a real challenge and might be so frustrated that they could lose interest in the hobby before ever getting into it.
gordon
Site Admin

Post by gordon »

I agree 100% with Steve. As I was reading his remarks, I was already thinking of children as well, but newcomers in general.
Luke

Post by Luke »

All for one and one for all ...

... and with 1 of the 5 IROC classes, to stay as magnetic-racing - sounds like a key possibility with new drivers.

Wondering which one will you'll agree on :?:

I'm now thinking about the PC class or better yet (because of the lowest rpm) the Mini Challenge cars 8-)

Post No.2215
Luke

Post by Luke »

Some more (early morning) thoughts & feedback fellas ...

:arrow: Encouragement for Participants:

Whichever one of the IROC classes is best suited for magnetic-racing & (thinking about) let's say out of the 5 sets ...
  • It's the Mini Challenge class.
We can now leave the Porsche Cup together with the LS & FTC cars for our Grand Hit-it-Big Mixed GT nm Event 8-)

In the meanwhile ...

We can organize a Saturday afternoon, spending some time with the 3 sets (PC, LS & NSS) out of 4 classes (because the FCT class is already setup as non-magnectic cars) for a De-tuning & Testing to Non-mag IROC Race Day Session :D
  • Porsche Cup / Non-Mag.
  • Lambo Series / Non-Mag.
  • Ferrari (Team) Challenge / Non-Mag.
  • Mini Challenge / Mag.
  • Nissan Super Series / Non-Mag.
:arrow: Any Opinions :?:

Post No.2216
Luke

Post by Luke »

The 3 main styles of slot-car racing developed throughout the many FRC years ...
  • Regular Racing ... with detailed tuning of own models.
  • Lively IROC Racing ... & as much as 5 groups of RTR models.
  • Time Bracket Racing ... with OTB & not much detailed tuning needed on models.
I have participated in the 3 styles but overtime, favored the Thrilling IROC & Time Bracket Racing methods 8-) :D

That said - if some sort of devoted solution for IROC or Bracket Racing isn't fully introduced ...

Inspiration for other racers (sometime now) may stay the same.

Enough said on thoughts.

Post No.2217
gordon
Site Admin

Post by gordon »

Luke wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:15 am The 3 main styles of slot-car racing developed throughout the many FRC years ...
  • Regular Racing ... with detailed tuning of own models.
  • Lively IROC Racing ... & as much as 5 groups of RTR models.
  • Time Bracket Racing ... with OTB & not much detailed tuning needed on models.
I have participated in the 3 styles but overtime, favored the Thrilling IROC & Time Bracket Racing methods 8-) :D

That said - if some sort of devoted solution for IROC or Bracket Racing isn't fully introduced ...

Inspiration for other racers (sometime now) may stay the same.

Enough said on thoughts.

Post No.2217
We're working on it Luke. However, we also want to race the regular classes, so let's figure out and agree on the best approach using WhatsApp, which is the most visible and active FRC platform.