A little walk down FRC memory lane

Ole talk and things that don't fit anywhere else
gordon
Site Admin

A little walk down FRC memory lane

Post by gordon »

FRC saw its first cars hit the track on 29th August, 2008, exactly eleven years ago tomorrow. It was my daughter Zoë's sixth birthday and although it was the same 12' x 8' table we've always used, the track was an interim layout, pending the arrival of the balance of pieces that would complete its now well-known shape.

The whole family, young and old, got involved and took turns with the then 4-car-capable track.

1st September, 2008 - The perimeter fencing under construction. Note that the driver station platform was yet to be added:

8th September, 2008 - Original layout with unpainted driver station platform in place:

By then, I had already started to put the first regulations down on paper and they were very basic to say the least (I didn't even have a proper name for the track or our group as yet):

50-lap heats and 200-lap finals! Can you imagine that in basically stock Scalextric cars?

11th September, 2008 - Full layout with pit fence in place:

By early February 2009 I was looking at some more structured classes:

17th February, 2009 - Our first basically structured rules:

Over the next ten and a half years, both the track and our regulations evolved to where they are today and will continue to do so, just as we continue to enjoy our great hobby.
steveaca

Re: A little walk down FRC memory lane

Post by steveaca »

We've sure had , and continue to have great times at FRC !
dennoy mc nicolls

Re: A little walk down FRC memory lane

Post by dennoy mc nicolls »

Interesting nice to know about the origins of the FRC