Tips to help you get your cars to run better
gordon
Site Admin

Slot car tuning tips on SlotForum

Post by gordon »

Guys,

Just found this on SlotForum:

http://www.slotforum.com/forums/index.p ... opic=38317

Looks very useful. I've already found some suggestions to try to help my F1 understeer woes.

Gordon
Luke

Re: Slot car tuning tips on SlotForum

Post by Luke »

Way GG, the right hand "up/down" slide bar on tuning tips really couldn't get any smaller...

Thank you for the info though but (didn't read much) with all that reading, think it would have been perfect with some photos and diagrams.

You could help this guy out with how you go about posting your enjoyable FRC Reports :D

On another note ~ I am sure you would like (if didn't see yet) this link of a Carrera F1 Review by Shawn Smith.

http://www.homeracingworld.com/S33.htm

I found this link very interesting ~ so much so you could buy a F1 Carrera "online" TODAY :!: :D

Of course you know I will go for the F1 "Alonso" Ferraris :) Check them out @ Electric Dreams ~ item # 27323 or 27417
gordon
Site Admin

Post by gordon »

Luke wrote:On another note ~ I am sure you would like (if didn't see yet) this link of a Carrera F1 Review by Shawn Smith.

http://www.homeracingworld.com/S33.htm

I found this link very interesting ~ so much so you could buy a F1 Carrera "online" TODAY :!: :D

Of course you know I will go for the F1 "Alonso" Ferraris :) Check them out @ Electric Dreams ~ item # 27323 or 27417
Luke, I once bought a Carrera Toro Rosso F1 car just to get the body. I eventually put it on a Scaley Ferrari F1 chassis for better handling. Check out this pic of the Red Bull:

The Carrera F1 cars have the guide flag behind the front axle and I don't believe they can compete with a Scaley F1 car.

Gordon
Luke

Post by Luke »

GG ~ I remember that... But Carrera has a quick fix for that prob too - Item # 89107/$4.99 Replaces Carrera guides so that your car will run better on other brands of track... not as deep, so you shouldn't have to whittle it down.

I feel it should do the trick...
gordon
Site Admin

Post by gordon »

Luke, I believe that the angle formed by the guide flag pivot point and the outside of the rear tyres affects car handling, especially in non or low-magnet cars. The smaller the angle the better the handling (I think) and vice versa.
Luke

Post by Luke »

You real good @ geometry too 8-) a big + why you race so well :D
gordon
Site Admin

Post by gordon »

I just found this which appears to bear out my theory:

A few tips on chassis design by DavidLawson

Some other useful stuff there too.

Gordon
gordon
Site Admin

Post by gordon »

BTW guys, my McLaren F1's handling on hairpin (180º) turns is much better as a direct result of a suggestion made on the SlotForum article linked at the top of this topic. I guess it pays to read whatever you can about slot racing to improve your edge in our competitive hobby! :D