New class ?

FRC's latest news and information of interest to members
steveaca

New class ?

Post by steveaca »

You guys know that I'm a proponent of low or no-mag racing but I'd be reluctant to change the present regulations in any class now as most of us have spent time and effort to set up cars to suit. What I would love to see however, is a new no-magnet class which would be easy and fairly economical to set up as cars would be relatively standard. My proposal would be as follows:

Car type: GT cars of any make with motors rated at maximum of (for example) 22,000 rpm .
Chip: Scalextric DPR or F1.
Tyres: Free (this would allow silicones or urethanes to partially compensate for the loss of magnetic downforce).
Modifications allowed: None except for those necessary to mount digital chip.

All other standard FRC regulations should apply, ie. driver figure should be fitted, addition of weight is allowed etc.

Instead of GT, class could be for standard LMP, AM, Saloon, F1 etc. cars.

Any thoughts ?
Steve
Luke

Re: New class ?

Post by Luke »

All well and good Steve with this new class but what you would love to see here with low or no magnet racing is a project you will have to "take the bull by the horns" start off - I will be more than happy to back you with this venture and wondering now if you wont be supporting the new IROC Nissan GT-R class?

Luke
steveaca

Post by steveaca »

Hi Luke,
I would definitely love to race the Nissan GT-R class.
Luke

Post by Luke »

Thats GR8 Steve,

The more persons onboard with this new venture the better...

Tell me $$$ how much you would like to subsidize to get this already started Nissan GT-R "IROC" class completed.

The narrowing down process of all those who $$$ interested is in effect :D

Luke