The Ferraris are ready!

FRC's latest news and information of interest to members
gordon
Site Admin

The Ferraris are ready!

Post by gordon »

Hi Guys,

After some months of waiting, the new Ferrari F430s for the Ferrari Team Challenge class are ready. Last Saturday afternoon Luke met me at FRC where we did the final preparation of the six cars - installing the F1 chips and lubing the rear ends. Here are three pics taken of the cars right after doing the work and re-assembly:

This Thursday will see the inaugural Ferrari Team Challenge event which will be a first for FRC, in that the cars will be raced as teams of two (based on colour pairs) rather than as individuals.

Be there to be part of it and help your team to the top of the winners rostrum!

Gordon
Luke

Re: The Ferraris are ready!

Post by Luke »

Just like you said GG... These are all great looking shots from your iphone... Almost looks like the real thing :D

Noticed you are not going with the longer races of 40 laps. When you think of it - Six races @ 30 laps for each car is a tall order to run.

I guess you are leaving the explaining/details of the amount of drivers attending this race for another time.

:arrow: I think its a good time/point to mention, that if its only 5 persons on race night for this FRC (1st. timer) FTC class that you will have no choice but to let it go down as individual racing drivers/points :(

So fellas, show up in your numbers for this One of a Kind (maybe in the WWW) FRC "TnT" Team Slot Car Racing 8-)

If you'll do show up in your numbers, you are going to love the format for more than 6 persons with the 3 teams...

I have already recruited some great "no show" FRC racing drivers for this sounding exciting already race.

I have a feeling this Thursday - its going to have a great turn out at FRC :!:

Must say on the downside though I am very sorry my good Buddy David aka "boo" will be offshore for this one. Dont worry bro, you will get it next time around ;)

Luke
boo

Post by boo »

Hey Guys , I see the new classs lookn very good, sorry i'm not going to be there, sorry Luke, but I know you guys will have lots of fun, KEEP IT IN THE SLOT. LOL
Luke

6 Scalextric "yellow can" SP 20K rpm Motors...

Post by Luke »

:arrow: Hope you all had a Happy & Holy Easter Week End.

:D to inform all FRC (FTC) Racers that I received the 6 X 20K rpm motors from Pendle Slot Racing on Holy Thursday and with more than enough time to get them installed/race ready in the F430 cars for the next FTC event.

On behalf of the FRC racers... A SPECIAL THANK YOU to Arden for absorbing the total cost of this FTC project :)

For those of you'll who dont know ~ I personally had 1 of these 20K motors "brand new" in my slotcar kit of spares.

Gordon and myself did a bit of testing with this motor installed in 1 of the F430 Ferraris... To make a long story short from the first FTC race meet, the times went from :o 7.493 seconds with 18K rpm motor/Stock Rubber Tyres to :shock: 6.873 seconds with the 20K rpm motor/M21 Silicone Tyres.

The colours says it all for the next FTC event 8-)

Luke
steveaca

Post by steveaca »

Should be fun to race. Thanks to Arden for the generous contribution and to Luke for the installation.
Luke

Post by Luke »

GG ~ You never posted any photos of your 6 Lamborghini Gallardos (LS class) H/Birthday gift..?

Looking at the three photos of the 6 F430 Ferraris (FTC class) is always very pleasing to the eye and knowing about the racing enjoyment it generates too.

Pics of the 6 Porsche (PC class) 997 cars also looks great on the Forum (pg.5 - First Test Day @...) News in the days of New FRC 3D HD Track :D

:idea: Post some photos together of all three FRC's (6 CARS) PC, LS & FTC Classes :)

Luke
Last edited by Luke on Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Luke

Post by Luke »

Fellas,

Hope you'll get all excited to race these cars soon...

I took some pics of the 6 F430 cars with the 20K RPM motors & Silicone M2 tyres all installed for FRC's next racing event...

Enjoy...

Side view
DSC02525.JPG
DSC02525.JPG (145.84 KiB) Viewed 4864 times
Front view
DSC02524.JPG
DSC02524.JPG (136.55 KiB) Viewed 4864 times
Rear view
DSC02523.JPG
DSC02523.JPG (136.41 KiB) Viewed 4864 times
Also, thanks to my good buddy, Kerwin for helping me post these photos.

Luke
gordon
Site Admin

Post by gordon »

Great stuff Luke! The Ferrari chassis look super good! Can't wait to drive one. Good stuff with posting the photos too.