More car preparation at FRC

FRC's latest news and information of interest to members
gordon
Site Admin

Re: More car preparation at FRC

Post by gordon »

steveaca wrote:Gordon,what was the problem with chipping the Ford Mk. IV ?
Steve, I first tried fitting it sideways across the front of the chassis (behind the front wheels) like I've done my other Sebring chassis cars, but the body then stuck up at the front like a rocket and couldn't be screwed on. I then drilled a big hole under the dashboard to fit the tall cylindrical diode on the chip and although this helped, it still made the body stick up. This made me realise that I had to go to plan B and place the chip on the side of the chassis parallel to the inline motor. Of course this meant more surgery removing part of the passenger seat area of the interior. After a lot of cutting and fitting I finally got it all to work. I'll post a pic if I get the chance.
gordon
Site Admin

Post by gordon »

ixwa wrote:I've been wonderin' when you FRC boys are gonna git wit the program, drop a sheet of quarter-inch ply on some supports over that hoity-toity road course, set up an nice counter-clockwise tri-oval with banking, and start tradin' paint wit a NASCAR class...... ;)
Not a bad idea Ray. That could be the elusive second digital track for us to race on. We now just have to figure out where to put that plywood (and attached track) when we're racing the road course!
gordon
Site Admin

Post by gordon »

boo wrote:Yes & I like how you tuning beer. &. Pad. Daz d. Way,
Boo, the beer is a required "refreshment" when working hard on cars. The iPad is a convenience for getting answers to burning questions in need of an immediate answer :D

Glad you can make it on Thursday.
ixwa

Post by ixwa »

Gordon,
I'll have some pics and notes on the Lotus chipping for you in the next day or 2. Wasn't pretty, but it works!

If you happen to find out what tickets/which part of the track Peter and Desmond will be laying down the lime, let me know!
rrc