Installing a (C7006) SSD Chip in a module casing ...

FRC's latest news and information of interest to members
Luke

Installing a (C7006) SSD Chip in a module casing ...

Post by Luke »

Hello GG and others,

First - Lets Welcome to FRC ...

:arrow: "New-bies" Anthony and his 2 sons ... Also racing their Scalextric 'Nissan Skyline' digital cars very impressively at event #189 - Thursday 2nd. April 2015 ...

At the same time - Remember when I talked to you Gordon about how these type cars are/could be chipped in a somewhat different manner because of the type chassis & non-digital module/casing they carry :?:

Well, only for me to find out/remember after showing you underneath (having the straight under pan) that the Nissan Skyline car, don't carry the same type chassis as the JGTC - Honda NSXs, Toyota Supras & the Nissan 350Zs with non-digital modules.

http://www.slotcarcentre.co.uk/images/takara.pdf

So, here's a link explaining it in a cool & full proof technique :)

Luke
arden100

Re: Installing a (C7006) SSD Chip in a module casing ...

Post by arden100 »

Luke,

That is very good information. Thanks for sharing.

Arden
Luke

Post by Luke »

No problem Arden - it was a pleasure posting :)

You know what part of the instructions was very interesting for me :?:

It's at the very bottom of the page ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re-assembly and test / Fault Finding

Possible error conditions are as follows:

No 3. Lane changing and breaking do not work. Action: Reverse green and yellow wires.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although, when setting a car with these (Green and Yellow) wires - the digital instructions say to put the green on the right and the yellow on the left when viewing chassis from above ... and to the guide blade of course.

The non-digital module JGTC cars makes it a bit different ent.

Thought-provoking nonetheless.

Luke
ixwa

Post by ixwa »

Hi fellas,
Just wanted to share that last month Ipurchased 2 used quattrox digital modules, a new JGTC car, and a new digital module from eBay seller bilko_ret. The new module was $31USD plus shipping, and he indicated the that he still had a few left as of this time last month.
Best,
Ray
steveaca

Post by steveaca »

Hi Ray, when will we be seeing you at FRC ?
Steve
ixwa

Post by ixwa »

Hi Steve,
The Boss hasn't shared our end of year travel plans with me yet, but with or without her I'll be down next year! :D
I hope to make some progress on the elevations and landscaping on my track over the next few months.

One more comment on these Quattrox cars: I have 3 of them now, and they seem to be much better out of the box than the average Scaley car.
Best,
Ray