FRC Power Base updated

FRC's latest news and information of interest to members
gordon
Site Admin

FRC Power Base updated

Post by gordon »

Guys,

Well I lowered the track on Saturday afternoon (yesterday), but not for any car testing. In fact I didn't remove the plastic cover, just lifted the section covering the power base and proceeded to update its software to the latest version (1.8h). You can see what this version adds here (the previous version installed was 1.7h). To get the full instruction manual where you can see all the features of the software, click here (PDF file).

Hopefully the fact that the software has essentially been re-installed will also address the issues we've been having with "controller" malfunctions.

Gordon
Luke

Re: FRC Power Base updated

Post by Luke »

Hello Gordon,

This power base update is great news...its kind of overwhelming but very informative & interesting at the same time. For what its worth - Thanks alot for the info.

I got in my Revell Monogram Ferrari 250 GTO with Paul's MRRC Ford GT40 MKIV for the the vintage class @ FRC. They look a little difficult to chip but I'm up for this exciting activity. Also, they looking like very fast OTB cars. I will not be surprised if the times they are doing are in the low five's.

Hope to chip them soon and looking forward to this Thursday to have a run.

Luke

ps. Plus all of this knowledge you are sharing with the boys on the
forum is really making me feel how close you are to be being
immortal...lol
gordon
Site Admin

Re: FRC Power Base updated

Post by gordon »

Luke wrote:I got in my Revell Monogram Ferrari 250 GTO with Paul's MRRC Ford GT40 MKIV for the the vintage class @ FRC. They look a little difficult to chip but I'm up for this exciting activity. Also, they looking like very fast OTB cars. I will not be surprised if the times they are doing are in the low five's.

Hope to chip them soon and looking forward to this Thursday to have a run.
That's great news Luke. Just today I was wondering whether this class would ever get off the ground. Those cars with the "Sebring" chassis will definitely be amongst the quickest of the bunch. I'm afraid my Lola T-70 and Cobra Daytona won't be able to keep up with them. Anyway, they're a lot more that use that chassis so maybe I'll have to get one.

Look forward to do some running with them on Thursday.

Gordon

(PS: O'Brie has the Ford GT Mk IV and he chipped it with no problems... its already run at FRC.)