Race Report #53 - Thursday 17th June, 2010

All things related to racing at FRC
gordon
Site Admin

Race Report #53 - Thursday 17th June, 2010

Post by gordon »

Hi Guys,

Our Formula Libre (time bracket) event in celebration of my 57th birthday came off last evening with some chaos but lots of fun nonetheless. We had a great turnout of twelve drivers, although Brent had to leave before racing actually started. Once again Peter was in Trinidad and able to attend a unique FRC event and he brought along an interesting batch of new cars to try. Everyone had several cars present and many cars actually were eliminated by virtue of how the time bracket system worked and some never even had the time to qualify, such was the sheer quantity of cars present.

By the end of qualifying some fifty-four cars had times and this came down to thirty-nine race starters after fifteen were eliminated as a result of multiple cases of a single driver qualifying different cars in the same time bracket.

As noted in our planned structure for the event, qualifying positions for each bracket were awarded the same points as a race and race number 1 for each bracket in the results below actually refers to the qualifying positions. Race numbers 2 and 3 refer to actual races 1 and 2, respectively.

One thing that became clear is that qualifying so many cars, even six at a time, can take a very long time. Racing did not start until after 10:00 PM and it was after 2:00 AM when I finally hit the sack.

Congratulations to all bracket winners.

Three pictures from the event:

Qualified cars.

Another angle.

(Front to rear) Brackets C, D, E, F and A. Fastest cars go from right to left. The B cars are on the grid waiting to start a race.

Next event's classes: American Muscle and LMP.

See you on the circuit...
Gordon
Luke

Re: Race Report #53 - Thursday 17th June, 2010

Post by Luke »

Gordon,

Happy Father's day and to all other FRC daddies - Alex, Christian H, David "boo", Ian, Kerwin, Nicholas H, Peter, Ronald, Shane, Steve and yours truly. Sorry if I left out anyone else and if thats about it for now - Thursday night racing was a BLASSSSST! It felt like mayhem at times but somehow it was very entertaining overall. Also thanks to
Debbie for getting dinner for the boys, the night's racing turned out even better.

Congrats to all group winners: Douglas in A and C, Paul in B, David "boo" in D, Gordon in E and Alex in F... I am glad for you'll guys because the competition was very keen.

Dougie - yuh must be liking yuhself very much.

Pole in group A and winning in 2 groups plus you were the only racer in most of the groups 8-). "You worked hard for your MONEY"... Great Job Man!

See you'll next time,

Luke
dougie

Re: Race Report #53 - Thursday 17th June, 2010

Post by dougie »

Gordon thanks for providing us with great entertainment and a great dinner, it was fantastic, and yes luke i am liking myself right, everything was perfect I think all who was there had a BLAST!!!! like the unique events, it changes things up and makes the night more interesting for everyone.....

cant wait for the next event!!!!!!