Race report #151 - Thursday 12th December, 2013

All things related to racing at FRC
gordon
Site Admin

Race report #151 - Thursday 12th December, 2013

Post by gordon »

RACE REPORT #151 - December 12th 2013

Although our final regular event for 2013 was once again supported by just four of our experienced drivers, five marshals made up for this. Amongst these were two FRC first-timers, Ian and son Josh, two slot car enthusiasts who had never before experienced digital racing.

Classes run were American Muscle, GT and LMP and prolific winner Luke B. took pole in all three classes, setting an all-time official fastest ever FRC lap of 4.213 sec. This record had previously been held by Dougie since May 2011 with a time of 4.302 sec. In AM Luke underlined his dominance by winning four of the five races. The tables were turned in GT where mechanical issues thwarted Luke's efforts and allowed dad Ramesh to take four wins. In LMP Luke repeated his AM results, again winning four races. Steve probably set a new FRC record for driving the most different cars at a single event, a total of six!

After each of the official class races were run, we again had races for our helpful marshals. Ian took his first FRC win in his first digital race, with Marlon and Jonathan also each winning a race. These marshal's races are becoming the training ground for the next set of competitive racers at FRC and this augers well for the future.

The results

Congratulations to the winners.

2013 Overall Class Points Update

Next event's classes: I'm hoping to have a special end-of-year event over the holidays as we've done in the past. To this end, keep checking the forum for an announcement. I'll also send out the usual email announcement to everyone. As usual, don't forget to see the updated fastest times for the FRC classes to know what the benchmarks are for your cars, the updated class average qualifying times and the final 2013 Class Points Standings..

See you on the circuit...
Gordon
RameshB

Re: Race report #151 - Thursday 12th December, 2013

Post by RameshB »

Luke B and i have enjoyed racing at frc this year although we missed races early in the season we did our best to be keen competitors at which ever races we attended , we knew that Gordon, Luke T , Steve and Arden are strong drivers and always look foward to tight racing with them ,Boo is also very competitive whenever he races too ,last Thur was a very interesting night , lots of repairs to do after a high powered night , i appreciated the sportsmanship at frc especially how at times we held our spot during caution so cars can get re slotted and we even at times would re slot for another during a race , it is truley rewarding to race with all at frc i have learnt a lot more since i stated building digital cars , thanks for the encouragement especially to Arden for his persistance for us to come to visit frc. I would like to take this opportunity to thank Gordon and his wife for allowing us to invade their home on thursdays for slot car racing. We would like to ask our lords blessing on your family and home and his peace will be with you into 2014 for all at frc and those viewing the forum,always remember Jesus is the reason for this season, lots of love from the Bhola family .
steveaca

Post by steveaca »

Great night of racing as usual at FRC, despite some of the regulars not being there for various reasons. Good to see Ian having a go at competitive slot car racing after so many years, and still good enough to win his first ever digital race! Josh proved to be a very competent driver as well, also having raced digitally for the first time. Team Bhola proved to be as fast as ever but some mechanical issues hampered Luke B.'s progress during the races. The marshalling efforts of Marlon, Jon , Bunny Ian and Josh were very much appreciated as if they weren't there , I in particular, would have had to run around the track many times ! I can't remember an event where there were so many car problems suffered, with both Gordon and I having bent rims and the Bholas, particularly Luke, as mentioned earlier, also not being spared. The 'cutters' (wontons, chicken, crispy pork) and drinks brought by Ramesh and Luke B. went down really well. Thanks guys ! Thanks as usual to Gordon for hosting as well as for the race report.
It's been a fun year of racing at FRC and I look forward to another one in 2014 (also look forward to the after-Christmas special event).
Have a very merry and safe Christmas everyone !

PS :Gordon, there seems to be an error on the race report in that the last of the AM races shows Ramesh winning but being awarded -2 points.
TriniSenna

Post by TriniSenna »

Guys
Josh and I had a great night and you can expect to see us over the course of 2014.
Having seen the speeds of these cars compared to "back in the day", I believe I may be more of a "Mobile chicane" than a competitor but I can assure you I'll be having as much fun as anyone else.
Thanks to everyone for the hospitality and making Josh and I feel so welcome.
And now..............................I need to go get Josh and I some cars for 2014 !!!!
Let be close by wishing everyone and your families an enjoyable, peaceful and blessed Christmas Season.
Hope to see you guys at the next event.
All the best
Ian & Josh
gordon
Site Admin

Post by gordon »

steveaca wrote:PS :Gordon, there seems to be an error on the race report in that the last of the AM races shows Ramesh winning but being awarded -2 points.
Thanks for pointing this out Steve. I'll fix it as soon as I'm back home and have the results sheets to refer to. This of course will have a ripple effect on the results for this event as well as the 2013 AM overall points.

There was also a problem with this event's Champion Driver results not being displayed. I've fixed it for now, but it will change once I've corrected Ramesh's AM results.
gordon
Site Admin

Post by gordon »

OK Ramesh's result in the final AM race has been corrected. I've also corrected the Champion Driver points and Index of Performance result, along with the 2013 AM points.