We need another track...

All things related to racing at FRC
Luke

Re: We need another track...

Post by Luke »

Hello Gordon,

I am sure I surprised you very much (and the other guys) with this post of yours, from so long ago. It also looks quite enjoyable all over again.

I kind of know you are very busy atm with work & planning a sociable/fun time with the family for the August holidays...

When you continue reading (under dotted line) you will remember that it was written already in the section "FRC Videos" and I brought it up here again only to find out if you are interested in doing the honours of designing this circuit plan.

FYI ~ Arden/Ramesh have some big plans for their "TSCC" club house in south and to build this Monaco Digital track too. Arden keeps asking me for copy of a Scalextric "CD ROM" RMS track plan layout but I told him it will only work for so little and no more. In other words a Analogue track and not a Digital one.

Your type track design ~ he will benefit from it in a lot more ways.

eg: Where to put lane-changers, pit area, power base, barriers & starting gird etc.

Sure you could do this for TSCC "we need another track" when you have the time of course :D

Luke

.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Could you remember when I asked you at your office (a few months ago) to design a SSD Monaco GP Circuit plan with the use of your computer "program" software?

As you know, Arden has built a Digital Track "figure of eight" Layout but he noticed right away its not conducive for our kind of (FRC Style) digital racing.

The youtube (Monaco Circuit) video has inspired him to build this style Scalextric track instead - so he asked me to give him a RMS (Analogue) Track plan of this circuit.

:?: Could you help him by producing a Digital Track plan for this circuit.

I think it will be more effective for him to work with to complete this new "South Land" project of his...
Last edited by Luke on Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:32 am, edited 4 times in total.
gordon
Site Admin

Post by gordon »

Luke, I've had a reminder to do this in my computer since you asked me, but it will have to wait till I am back from vacation.
Luke

Post by Luke »

No scene GG ~ I understand...

A good hard working man (like yourself) needs to enjoy a vacation to the fullest with his fam and have the care of the Lord with you'll too.

Just for the record though, when you get the time to do this track design it will be nice for all to see this circuit (dry run) posted on the forum - The complete track configuration with, pits, straights, curves lane changes, etc and rounded with amco barriers will sure be a SMASH IT :!:

You and your Family - Have a GREAT VACATION!

Luke