RACE REPORT #289 - Apr 10th 2021 (BTCC-NM)

All things related to racing at FRC
gordon
Site Admin

Post by gordon »

I was joined by O'Brie, Steve, Stanley and Keith for some testing, tuning and practice, eventually followed by just a single race because I had an early dinner outing. It was great to see Stanley's commitment when he produced a brand new BTCC Honda Civic which he had already chipped and removed the magnet from. After he did a few trial laps with it, I dug out a pair of Paul Gage urethane tyres which basically fit the Civic and Steve kindly volunteered some very thin lead sheet ballast and soon enough we got Stanley's new ride up to a reasonable first day performance level.

We all had cars to test and had a great deal of fun doing so, often getting into multi-car battles which ran over several laps when someone would ultimately de-slot. Before we knew it, the time was just after 5:00 PM, so we decided that we'd do at least one BTCC No-Mag multi-car quali session immediately followed by a single race. After this, all hands help pack the track up and we sat down for a drink and the usual after-race chat before all left and I rushed inside to get ready for my dinner.

Practice

A Vintage Sports GT practice accident saw my Cobra Daytona and Steve's Porsche on their roofs as O'Brie's Ferrari 250 GTO narrowly gets away:

The results

BTCC - No Magnet grid: My MG6 on pole, followed by Steve's new BMW 3301, O'Brie's even newer VW Passat, Keith driving Steve's BMW 125i and Stanley's Honda Civic:

(How this is computed: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=393)

Congratulations to the winners.

Next event's classes: The usual non-magnet cars across all eligible classes.

Don't forget to see the updated overall fastest times and the fastest times by driver and class for 2020-2021 to know what the benchmarks are for your cars, the updated class average qualifying times and the updated fastest times for 2020-2021. Older stats can be found in the Archive area of the forum.

See you on the circuit...
Gordon
steveaca

Re: RACE REPORT #289 - Mar 10th 2021 (BTCC-NM)

Post by steveaca »

Great afternoon of slotcar action at FRC. Even though we only got one race in, it was fun, as usual to just drive these non-mag cars , lap after lap. Nice to see Stanley acquire his new BTCC car and to start the race prep. on it. Now for Keith to do the same ! I would gladly help if Stan or any other relative 'newbie' requests help in setting up their car (s).
Congrats to Gordon on taking the race win and therefore overall day's points.
Looking forward to the next event.
Steve
steveaca

Re: RACE REPORT #289 - Apr 10th 2021 (BTCC-NM)

Post by steveaca »

After reading race report, it occurred to me that of the five cars in the race, three were brand new, or at least being raced for the first time. These were Stan's Civic, O'Brie's Passat and my 330i. Nice !