Racing this Thursday 3rd Oct (RC, BTCC, SC)

All things related to racing at FRC
gordon
Site Admin

Racing this Thursday 3rd Oct (RC, BTCC, SC)

Post by gordon »

Hi Guys,

FRC will be open for practice, testing and racing from 7:30 PM this Thursday (3rd October) for our Group B classes - Rally Car (RC), Scalextric BTCC (BTCC) and Slot.It Challenge (SC).

Here's the schedule:

Key points to pass tech inspection:
  • Rally Car - If visible, interior must have both driver and navigator figures (heads minimum); no traction magnets; 1.0mm ground clearance under motor; "Magnet-effect" motors are not allowed.
  • Scalextric BTCC - Must be a Scalextric BTCC car from 2014 onwards; original interior, however VW and MG may have ultra-light substitute; C8515 DPR chip; 18K FC-130 motor; standard axle gear, wheels and axles; magnet(s) in standard location and must pass modified USD (45º) rule; 18mm front/19mm rear minimum tyre diameter; 80gm minimum weight.
  • Slot.It Challenge - Group C Slot.It cars only; single standard Slot.It "non-race" magnet (the one with the grooves); 1.0mm ground clearance under magnet; Slot.It tyres.
  • All cars - must have racing numbers displayed at least on each side. Owners are encouraged to include other realistic-looking decoration on their cars, such as sponsor advertising and number roundels.
  • BTCC only - Cars must drop away from a C7016 Scalextric Single Lane Half-straight 175mm attached to the official FRC 45º USD tester in a position 45º from vertical on the short side (long side must be horizontal). Any weight added to the car must be positioned within 2.5" (64mm) and ahead of the rear axle.
You can see the 2019 class regulations here and the general racing regulations here.

Don't forget to bring along some refreshments.

Reality Checks

Rally Car:

Scalextric BTCC:

Slot.It Challenge:

See you on the circuit...
Gordon
RameshB

Re: Racing this Thursday 3rd Oct (RC, BTCC, SC)

Post by RameshB »

Hi guys the pics look great, Gordon i always look forward to your reminder invites and appreciate the efforts that you do make in your preparation and reporting . In agreement with Steve sometimes we take some of it for granted , i think all of us should make comments on the forum to keep the activity up, i do enjoy your company and hospitality see you all on Thursday.
gordon
Site Admin

Post by gordon »

Thanks Ram. It does help to see the remarks.
steveaca

Post by steveaca »

Lovely photos.
Maybe one day we'll see an Audi Quattro rally car at FRC.
Will be there for sure.
Luke

Post by Luke »

Only the BTCC class I’m looking to compete in and this is the model :D
steveaca

Post by steveaca »

Wait, Luke , like it's your car in the photo. Hopefully at FRC all wheels will maintain contact with the track !
Luke

Post by Luke »

AOK Steve and as if you playing blind ... that is my BMW (No.100) BTCC model featured above :D
Luke

Post by Luke »

Strange enough Steve ...

It’s very remarkable how these 1:32 BTCC models are so well detailed because on my BMW (No.100) replica - it has those intricate ‘Gumtree’ words in the same spot of Scalextric car :-)

So for all you know & the saying “up a gumtree” it might be racing on two wheels Thursday night :lol:
steveaca

Post by steveaca »

Hi Gordon,
are we going to be implementing the 'subgroup points system' for the BTCC class at this meeting ?
Steve