Site Admin

Revised class groupings

Post by gordon »

Hi Guys,

We currently run 30-lap races in the following structure:
  • American Muscle, GT, LMP
  • Historic Saloon, Restricted GT, Slot-It Challenge
  • Vintage Sports, Porsche Cup, F1
This makes it a 3-week cycle to run all classes. I'm proposing that we select one of the following, starting from our next event (note the class groupings):

5-week cycle
  • Historic Saloon, Vintage Sports (3 races each @ 40 laps - 240 total for all classes)
  • American Muscle, F1 (3 races each @ 50 laps - 300 total for all classes)
  • GT, LMP (3 races each @ 50 laps - 300 total for all classes)
  • Restricted GT, Slot-It Challenge (3 races each @ 40 laps - 240 total for all classes)
  • Porsche Cup (5 races @ 40 laps - 200 total for all classes)
3-week cycle
  • Porsche Cup, Historic Saloon, Vintage Sports (3 races each @ 30 laps - 270 total for all classes)
  • American Muscle, GT, LMP (3 races each @ 40 laps - 360 total for all classes)
  • Restricted GT, Slot-It Challenge, F1 (3 races each @ 30 laps - 270 total for all classes)
If we get no feedback, I'll be selecting the 3-week cycle shown.

Gordon
Luke

Re: Revised class groupings

Post by Luke »

Gordon,

The 3-week cycle... 8-) Great way to go and even better yet with the ex-changing of F1 & Historic Saloon from the currently run classes.

Luke
boo

Post by boo »

Hey Gordon, marnin, yes those classes are looking good, it will be a good test of endurance, some cars will fail. Under those laps, I for one, hahaha, but it's good, I am for it, let's do it, BTW, Gordon, do for get , if we could still have F1, & indy cars in a seperate class will be nice, just a suggestion, & a Rally class wud be nice as well, just a thought, hahaha, ok I will see youu on Thursday. BOOO!!
Laird

Post by Laird »

Hi Gordon,

The 3-week cycle sounds good to me. I also support the idea of a separate class for the Indy cars.

Laird
gordon
Site Admin

Post by gordon »

boo wrote:Gordon, do for get , if we could still have F1, & indy cars in a seperate class will be nice, just a suggestion
Laird wrote:I also support the idea of a separate class for the Indy cars.
Guys,

I believe that if you read this, you'd see that the Indy and F1 cars can be made to run competitively against one another once everyone complies with the rules. I agree with separate classes, but we have so many already that I'm just thinking that we can keep things this way for a bit longer.

Potential classes to consider:
  • Indy Car
  • Rally
  • Pony Car - for restricted muscle cars - see this post (but with motors up to 25,000 RPM maybe?)
Any others you guys can think of?

Once we have a consensus on any of them we can see where best to include them.

Gordon
dougie

Post by dougie »

I Like the 5 week cycle with running of 2 classes per night, and more laps to do in a race, sometimes I think the 3 classes are too much for one night and it takes a lil too long sometimes.

Dougie
gordon
Site Admin

Post by gordon »

dougie wrote:I Like the 5 week cycle with running of 2 classes per night, and more laps to do in a race, sometimes I think the 3 classes are too much for one night and it takes a lil too long sometimes.

Dougie
That's why I suggested the 5-week cycle. Two classes per night with slightly longer races appeals to me too. Only problem is how long it will take for the classes to come back around (more so if/when new classes are introduced). On the other hand, if we can have - and stick to - a strict start time for qualifying (8:00 PM?), immediately followed by racing, then maybe we can run three classes per night and still slightly increase the number of race laps.

Gordon
steveaca

Post by steveaca »

I like the 3 week cycle. With the 5 week one, the interval between racing nights could be quite long if one only has cars eligible for 1 or 2 classes.